1. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Offset too large?

When I tried to run my program in the python module, it starting loading but it didn't go anywhere. I decided to try opening it as a normal file by double clicking on it, it opened up kind of quick so I couldn't see the whole error, but I did see one part of it, Offset too large. Does anyone know what this means? Is my program too large (I am adding a definition that converts python military time to normal clock time)? I would try and read the rest of the error but it closes out way too fast now for me to see anything. Thanks.
  3. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

If you want to get around the opening and closing thing you should run the script from the command line cmd. You might also want to zip up and attach the troublesome script to this thread so we can all give it a go.

To run a Python program from the command line you should do something like this:

python path\to\program.py

or if you don't have python.exe in your PATH variable:

C:\Python2x\python path\to\program.py

Take care,

Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

5. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Thanks for the help, but I already fixed the problem, I had to remove all of that code. Now I just get a few socket errors that I'm working on. I think I'm going to have my program read the code from another file since it's so large of a file.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo