Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Very cool link! Will have to take a closer look at that a little latter *bookmarks* if only to read though the C# source code.

Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by sfb
    Not ancient experimental ones either, they are even in active development and up to 1.0-beta3 release.
    From the webpage:
    It is currently in beta
    Debian - because life's too short for worrying.
    Best. (Python.) IRC bot. ever.
  5. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by sfb
    Not ancient experimental ones either, they are even in active development and up to 1.0-beta3 release.
    I don't think thats really that relivent... but hey, thats just my oppinion

1. PythonNet is on version 1.0... this itself generally leads to the conclusion that the project pretty complete/stable although there are a few rare exceptions.

2. PythonNet 1.0 is on it's 3rd Beta release, also meaning the release is pretty stable.

After all, Supybot is only on version 0.77.0 and i'm sure you have Beta releases too like any other project, Python included!

Mark.
    Last edited by netytan; February 23rd, 2004 at 04:19 PM.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

7. Mini me.
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Not alpha then
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by netytan
    After all, Supybot is only on version 0.77.0 and i'm sure you have Beta releases too like any other project, Python included!
    We haven't had any beta releases yet because we are still in alpha. 0.77.0 is probably the last alpha release and 0.80.0 will be our first beta release. But no, I don't expect anyone to pick up supybot and use it for anything serious, though it serves its purpose very well right now and probably would work quite well. But the fact remains that it just hasn't had enough testing and refinement to claim that it's "stable", and it has had constant 24-hour testing over the past half year by several bots at once. I'm pretty sure the same can't be said for those .NET bindings. We also have about 7,000 different asserts in about 1,000 different tests in our test suite. So, I'll say that my expectations for software that call themselves "stable" are high. "Beta" means that it's probably pretty good, but it still has a lot of testing and banging away at it before it becomes stable.
    Debian - because life's too short for worrying.
    Best. (Python.) IRC bot. ever.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo