1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How can I open the py file in design mode?

I want to open my py file in design mode(GUI),not code mode,so I can design the program layout.Is there a feature in Python?Also,I made some changes in .py files,then did py2exe,but when I run the .exe file,all my changes did not work.

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by shiyu; October 19th, 2003 at 11:14 PM.
  3. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

As far as i know there isn't a feature like that built-in to Python.. you have Boa and Pycard are two apps which let you do this kind of thing but it kinda bepends on the toolkit your using..

With pyQT you get the designer along with it, if your wanting this kind of tool then id sugest you go with that; since i've never got the two programs above working for me.. yet

But check them out by all means:
    http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/
    http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/
    http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pyqt/index.php

Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

5. No Profile Picture

Thank you for your info.i will try boa.
  7. No Profile Picture

Re: How can I open the py file in design mode?

Originally posted by shiyu
    I want to open my py file in design mode(GUI),not code mode,so I can design the program layout.
    I would like to better understand the advantages that you gain from this? (I'm new to Python) When you say "design the program layout", what is it you are doing that is different than laying it out in a text editor for example?
  9. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

If you've used/seen visual basic you should know what were talking about here .. "design mode" (as we're calling it here) is a much more graphical way to design your GUI, so instead of writing you're GUI inside a text editor you just drag and drop the widgets around with your mouse

Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

11. No Profile Picture

Aaah, so its not program "logic" layout that he's talking about but the controls and widgets that comprise the user interface.

In Visual Basic, when I'm in the "design" mode, I'm doing several things. One is of course the layout of controls on forms or frames. The other is laying out program logic, building classes, modules and filling in the code that responds to events.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo