1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Talking pygame newbie... tutorial help.

hello. I'm new to pygame and would love to learn it but i haven't found any straight forward and informative tutorials. It dawned on me to write my own as I learn it. I was wondering if you guys could help. the first topic would be displaying a simple window with text and an image. nothing more or less.
    As for me, I do have a little programing experience (c, c++, java) and much web scripting experience, as well as an understanding of python, but when it comes to pygame everything becomes much ofa blur. Please help me and all those aspiring young game programers across the net.
  3. No Profile Picture

Hi. I'm new to Python myself, so I cannot attest personally to the breadth of pygame coverage, but apparently "Game Programming With Python" uses the pygame framework throughout.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

well you start by going to the Pygame Website. Then you read through the documetation on there. Look at sample code, and you'll even find a tutorial. Then you look at the repository. Download pygame, look at its code. yada yada yada. BTW, when in doubt google is your best freind.
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
    But, in practice, there is."

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo