1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Python 3.3 + Gui + Compile

Morning,
    I have been looking for a library solution of both GUI and Compiler but for Python 3.3 and ofcourse i was hoping for a combination that would be most compatible between them. After searching i may have concluded to cx_Freeze (because it was the only one that noticed that currently supports version Python 3.3), but i do not know what GUI library should i combine it with. Does cx_Freeze alone put any kind of restriction to my choice of GUI? I would also be interested in using my programs for commercial purposes, so would this put again some other kind of limitations to my GUI choice? I have read many good stuff about PySide, but still i do not know wether this is the one that i should choose. Is PySide same as PyQT and PyQT4 and QT or which is the exact relationship between those? Disadvantages - advantages, capabilities, benefits, costs, etc. (What is the lowest possible cost of buying such a commercial license for my programming?. Are there different versions and should i be carefull to choose the best for me? Where could i get this from? PySide is total free for my commercial needs?) I need to be legit so i guess i should learn how to handle with the licencing thing. Please somebody clear things for me.

Thanks 4 your time i really appreciate that.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

PySide is the official LGPL-licensed version of PyQT.
    I have moved a lot of PyQT code to PySide by simply changing the import statements, and it works well.

Using
    cx_Freeze-4.3.1.win32-py3.3.msi
    from http://cx-freeze.sourceforge.net/
    however has not worked well at all!
    I have only succeeded with simple console programs. Any Tkinter, PyQT and PySide programs have failed. The corresponding .exe gives a persistent
    No module 're' error
    Real Programmers always confuse Christmas and Halloween because Oct31 == Dec25

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo