1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'm so frustrated it's not funny. I love Python, recommended it to a friend, friend asked me "Great, how do I install it on Apache on a unix system." I told him "look it up on python.org!" 2 days later, he switched to php. Why? There's no instructions ANYWHERE on how to install Python on Apache in Unix!!

Does someone have a link? More importantly, I have tried for the last 2 hours, and he's right, there is nothing that tells you how to install python on apache and test if the install works. At least nothing within 9 clicks from python.org!

So someone please post some links if they exist, and whoever runs python.org, post it somewhere!! The only reason I can do it was from reading the php install guide! Pathetic!

Again, any links would be great.

Thanks.
    Albert
  3. chown python:users\ /world

You need to get mod_py and setup Apache to run it when he saves the files as .cgi or .py
    Hartmann
    badice.com
  5. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb

Hi Albert,

I used to use python with Apache but found that Zope was so much better! I use both Apache and Zope. Zope serves the dynamic content and Apache serves the static content such as images etc etc.

The latest versions of Zope allow you to create python scripts within Zope.

The documentation on installing Zope with Apache is pretty well documented on the Zope web site.

Regards

Martin Wehipeihana
    NetHomes

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo