1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question python cgi...and angelfire.com??

is it possible to configure angelfire.com to accept python scripts?

what about other website hosts... like ..hostvaux.com or even comcast?

can anyone tell me how to configure them so that i am able to run python cgi programs
  3. No Profile Picture

You might want to try to contact the hosting company's admin or tech support to do so. It requires configuration directly to the web server application, which most hosting companies don't give their users access to.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't know of any free web hosts that offer python cgi capabilities. if they offer cgi at all it's usually perl, but you might get lucky. best way to play with cgi is download apache and use the scripts on your own box, or register a domain and pay for a cheap host, which doesn't really cost that much anyway.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

cgi scripts run on the server side of web programming and as the preceeding posts said, you'll need acess to a web server since most hosting companies are still using perl or javascript. download a server and play around with it. Apache is bit too clunky for my taste so I reccommend the abyss web server or myserver . they are pretty lightweight and efficient.
    in time when your comfortable maybe you'll just want to host your own site on your own box. here is a link to show how to do it all. and last but not least, python cgi scripting can be kind of hard to find, so here is one site to get you going. good luck and let me know how everything goes
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
    But, in practice, there is."

9. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

You can find a list of known (free) hosts that support Python here: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/FreeHosts; though there used to be more.

Have fun,

Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo