1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Python + Database queries question

Hi,

I am fairly new to Python and it is likely there is a very easy solution to this, but I have been trying for days now and just can't solve it so I am hoping someone here can help me.

I am trying to use Python to execute commands on a Sybase database. Running basic selects etc works fine, but I have problems executing the following command:

mount database all from '/opt/manifest_file' with listonly

If I run this manually in an sql prompt I get lots of rows as a result. When I run it through Python (using pyodbc), the command executes fine but I have problems storing the results in a variable.

If I try to fetch the results it tells me the previous SQL was not a query, which is true, but I just can't figure out how to access the results any other way.

Anyone have a good idea on how to solve this?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Could you post your code, together with output, error messages or any other information that you think is useful.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by partoj
    Could you post your code, together with output, error messages or any other information that you think is useful.

conn = pyodbc.connect('DRIVER=SYBASE;SERVER='+args.s+';PORT='+args.p+';PWD='+args.pwd+';UID='+args.u+';app= PythonScript')
    cur = conn.cursor()
    cur.execute("mount database all from '/opt/manifest' with listonly")

This is my code. I don't know what to do with it from here.
    cur.fetchall() does not work as it is not a query. I need to somehow be able to recieve the system messages from the database.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo