1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Can Python Be used with dot net

Hello,
    i'm doing a project in video conference where the networking part of it is developed using python.can anyone tell me if i can use ASP.net as my front end(Core engine design) and how can i intergrate my front end with python coding..
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

I can't help you with that question, but if you don't get any answers soon, you could go to http://forum.valhallalegends.com/phpbbs/index.php?PHPSESSID=164ea4bf6dfc1e4590b19cf68eebd1f5&, and find someone there who can help, usually they are fast in answering your questions.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

http://ironpython.com/
    Debian - because life's too short for worrying.
    Best. (Python.) IRC bot. ever.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

The last time I looked, IronPython was in an early alpha state and not ready for serious use.

However if you want to call .NET libraries from CPython then you can use PythonNet.

If you want to call Python from .NET then your best bet is to create a Python COM server and call that. The Win32 extensions for Python include full COM support and creating a COM server will allow your code to be called from anything that is COM-aware. I recommend the book 'Python Programming on Win32' by Mark Hammond and Andy Robinson. It is a bit dated (it uses Python 1.5.2) but all the COM stuff is still relevant.

Dave - The Developers' Coach

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo