Thread: python23.dll...

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

python23.dll...

Is there anyway to make a python program totally standalone? Because it seems like im not actually writing all of the code, that the program wasnt written 100% by me, if i still need the python23.dll

i am currently using py2exe. Does anyone know about a program that compiles python code to make it fully standalone?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The first question I always ask when people wonder about that is: why?

If it's for "code hiding", then forget it. Things turned into executables via py2exe are fairly trivially decompiled with decompyle.

In general, python was never really designed with a mind to create standalone executables. It was meant to run via an interpreter. If that means that you have to package the interpreter with it and then wrap a script around your program to call it, so be it.
    Debian - because life's too short for worrying.
    Best. (Python.) IRC bot. ever.
  5. No Profile Picture

well, its not acutally me, who has the problem with the dll, its my friend. He wont accept any of my programs because he claims that i didnt fully write them..... so im in essence, just trying to hide the dll from him so that he will accpet my program...(via aim)
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

tell your friend that he is an idiot. How does your program requiring a DLL file mean you didn't write your script?
  9. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

lol 2k is right, your friend is a dummy. You'll have a hard time finding programs which are only one file anyway.. If your on windows, go to your program files dir and take a look. I'd Just zip it up and send it to him

Mark.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo