1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Do you use Quixote?

Hey peeps,

I'd like to get in touch with all the quixote users out there via this python forum.

I've been using quixote for a couple of weeks now, and have learnt some nifty tricks. Nonetheless there still exist certain problems/design issues that I haven't been able to wrap my mind around.

I figured it would be useful for all the coders making use of quixote to share a common thread somewhere on this page.

For starters, I'm curious as to how many people are actually familiar with and make use of this technology.

Cheers for now,
    K

ps: for those of you that haven't heard of quixote, you can find an intro into this powerful technology here: http://www.quixote.ca

pps: if you're wondering what quixote is, it's basically a web framework for python, and a very nice one imho (depending on what functionality you need)
  3. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up

i used quixote in www.developers.net.np Besides that i have not done anything, but would love to.

There is a quixote mailing list.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up new to quixote

Originally Posted by Konstandinos
    Hey peeps,

I'd like to get in touch with all the quixote users out there via this python forum.

I've been using quixote for a couple of weeks now, and have learnt some nifty tricks. Nonetheless there still exist certain problems/design issues that I haven't been able to wrap my mind around.

I figured it would be useful for all the coders making use of quixote to share a common thread somewhere on this page.

For starters, I'm curious as to how many people are actually familiar with and make use of this technology.

Cheers for now,
    K

ps: for those of you that haven't heard of quixote, you can find an intro into this powerful technology here: http://www.quixote.ca

pps: if you're wondering what quixote is, it's basically a web framework for python, and a very nice one imho (depending on what functionality you need)

hi! i am new to both python and quixote. in fact, i've just come across www.quixote.ca. i do hope you could help me with problems/confusions i might have soon.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by therese
    hi! i am new to both python and quixote. in fact, i've just come across www.quixote.ca. i do hope you could help me with problems/confusions i might have soon.
    Not a problem. It would be refreshing.

I enjoy helping peeps out, but I'm finding myself more and more out of touch with C++/Java (my preferred langs) since I've been using Python/Quixote so much at work. So my help in the former mentioned languages is growing more limited by the day. Besides, there are some real gurus hanging around those forums.

From what I can tell, there aren't many Quixote gurus around, let alone contributing to devshed forums. So although I'm no quixote guru, I've certainly gained a decent amount of experience. I posted this thread ages ago; I've been using Quixote/Python for around 3 months now.

Got questions? Fire away.

Later,
    K.
  9. No Profile Picture

question with the demo

Not a problem. It would be refreshing.

I enjoy helping peeps out, but I'm finding myself more and more out of touch with C++/Java (my preferred langs) since I've been using Python/Quixote so much at work. So my help in the former mentioned languages is growing more limited by the day. Besides, there are some real gurus hanging around those forums.

From what I can tell, there aren't many Quixote gurus around, let alone contributing to devshed forums. So although I'm no quixote guru, I've certainly gained a decent amount of experience. I posted this thread ages ago; I've been using Quixote/Python for around 3 months now.

Got questions? Fire away.

Later,
    K.

hey there! i just have a very small problem here. i downloaded the demo from www.quixote.ca and tried to run it, but i got the message: "cannot open file scripts/links-server.py". i checked the directory of the file and i didn't see any problem with that. what could possibly be wrong?

i'm using a laptop with freeBSD.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by therese
    hey there! i just have a very small problem here. i downloaded the demo from www.quixote.ca and tried to run it, but i got the message: "cannot open file scripts/links-server.py". i checked the directory of the file and i didn't see any problem with that. what could possibly be wrong?

i'm using a laptop with freeBSD.
    oh, i'm sorry. i think i know what the problem is... let me just try something here...
  13. No Profile Picture

sample code,pls?

hey there! i'm just wondering if someone could give me a sample code of a simple web site using quixote. even a "hello world" code would do!
    p.s. it would be very much appreciated if it uses scgi advanced many thanks!
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi,

This simple quixote tutorial should prove useful. That site has pretty much everything you need to get started. There is no simple "open file, print "hello world" etc tutorial because quixote doesn't really work that way.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    K.
  17. No Profile Picture

hey, K.!
    thanks for the link. however, i just a have a bit of a problem with it. i can't run the demo because it uses medusa. i tried installing medusa but, unfortunately, i don't have enough privileges to do so (and still haven't been given one). we are using scgi instead. do you know of any site that could teach me how to create driver scripts using scgi? i'm really feeling oretty dumb about this. see, i'm also a novice with unix and apache. and i'm getting very cluttered right now.

again, many thanks.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Sure thing,

For apache/scgi specific information, I've often referred to Dave Kuhlman's site, which also has a general purpose quixote application skeleton.

These happen to be the first two results on a google search for "quixote scgi" too btw, so don't hesitate to use google if you need further help.

Of course, I'd be happy to continue assisting you.

Cheers,
    K.
  21. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up thank u!

Sure thing,

For apache/scgi specific information, I've often referred to Dave Kuhlman's site, which also has a general purpose quixote application skeleton.

These happen to be the first two results on a google search for "quixote scgi" too btw, so don't hesitate to use google if you need further help.

Of course, I'd be happy to continue assisting you.

Cheers,
    K.
    hey, K.!

just wanted to thank u for the sites. they've been very useful.

catch you later!

therese

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo