1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problem Running Boa on Win32

I just started using Boa-constructor yesterday. The third or fourth time I loaded it, I got an error that told me there was no explorer section. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled Boa a few times thinking it would fix it. However, the problem seems to be outside Boa. Any advise would be apprciated. The problem occurred roughly around the time I installed another GUI designer (forgot the name) that did not work. I uninstalled that and now have the problem. I figure a reinstall would fix this, but I am not sure which app to reinstall.

Ben
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

This has also happened to me. Boa opened without any issues the first few times, then, at random, it would no longer function and I received the same error. I simply stopped using it because I could not fix the problem no matter what I did. All I can suggest is searching the forums on the main Boa Constructor site for similar issues.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problem Solved!

I went tromping through Gmane and found an old post not related to our problem. It turns out that Boa creates a user preference folder in C:\Documents and Settings\user\ called .boa-constructor. If you delete this folder then run Boa, things work fine. It appears that there is something we users do when closing out of Boa that writes to the damn user prefs file and blocks reload.

Ben

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo