1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Another Segmentation Error (core dumped)

hello
    the error message is given by the shell when I execute main.py, in draft3 folder in my sourceforgeproject: myyano ?

Could someone get an eye and help me trackin the problem?

thank you
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

You will have to give additional clues about where to find this code. Python is solid. Python core dumps are caused by erroneous connections to shared object libraries. Look for
    import ctypes
    although there are many ways to tie python to shared object libraries. (or dll, you might say)
    [code]Code tags[/code] are essential for python code and Makefiles!
  5. No Profile Picture

Hello,

I can't post URL. you'll have to go on sourceforge website, and search "myyano" project, using search tool.

The bug was in draft2, but code was very dirty, I rewrote it a bit cleaner (hope) in myyano_0-71, works much better !

thanks for your interest and tips
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Is there a current problem? Not knowing what today's version of your code should do I report that it works on my system. I probably didn't try every feature. All my gtk programs report the gdk_error_traps, bug reported to ubuntu long ago, and the other messages occur during shutdown.
    Code:
    $ python main.py 

(python:18294): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_error_trap_pop: assertion `gdk_error_traps != NULL' failed

(python:18294): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

(python:18294): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.
    [code]Code tags[/code] are essential for python code and Makefiles!
  9. No Profile Picture

Hello,
    no, it was not a recurrent problem, I didnt found it back after having hacked code.
    I still also have both libdebus error messages but i don't carry for the moment still the program is functional !
    i appreciate your effort to help me go ahead (but maybe are you more in a "bug tracking" mood? ) , but i'm really beginner, i continue updating my "stage program" and should spend more time RingTFM !

Whatever, if you're interested in my MyYamlNoteBook program , you're welcome to follow it on sourceforge !

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo