1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Sensor Reading(motherboard)

Hi

I lately reinstalled my OS and found a nice handy program on the cd of a the intel motherboard support...

How would I be able to get those sensors on the mother board to give me signal on the rpm of the vent and heat of the processor...

Is it acually possible with python or would I have to make some type of extension from C/C++
    Last edited by monkeyman23555; July 12th, 2005 at 04:04 PM.
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

well reading sensors on motherboards is something that is very veriant from motherboard to motherboard. that is why one companys wont work with the others.

I would think that there isn't a way to do it in python. Since it is so veriant. I would think it is a very low level operation that has to be handled low level. It maybe even lower than c or c++ are. I would almos tbe willing to bet that you will have to pull out some asm. Unless intel specificly makes a c or c++ libary that can assite this. Since even in c or c++ it would require specifics on how intel does it. And I don't think intel discloses of that, so it may take some reverse enginering as well.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

ya probably
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo