1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Stack diagrams issue

Im having a bit of trouble understanding how state and stack diagrams should be written. If anyone could recommend a text or free online tutorial with examples that would help me with is, it would be much appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

This isn't really a Python question, so I'll not really give a direct answer.

If this isn't a work (school or job) requirement then I'd strongly recommend steering clear of diagramming as a general practice. Particularly when it comes to tracking/diagramming state in an OOP system even a situation with just a few instances of a few classes with a few attributes each gets insanely multiplicitous and impossible to diagram to any meaningful level.

If you're playing with lower level (that is, hardware level) things then sometimes it can be useful when learning or debugging to track state transformations and operations, like the flow of exactly what enters which register when. Other than this case diagramming is a colossal waste of effort you could contribute to other things. There are plenty of other things to do/learn that have a higher return on the time invested such as learning the differences between FP and OOP and when each is appropriate (which obviates the need for state tracking in every case I've ever encountered in the wild...).
    Last edited by zxq9; June 28th, 2013 at 05:45 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo