1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Strictly for beginners :) Calling all Newbies

Hi Everybody,

It's hard to find other beginner's to learn programming from the viewpoint of somebody who doesn't know much. They have got some awesome people on this site to help with problems relating to writing code, but when it comes to learning, that's not the job of this forum.

So I am starting a group where beginner's can talk and share there experience or lack of experience with python! Basically anything to do with this can be discussed amongst a group of people who are in the same boat. And even if you join the group after, you will be able to see all the conversations we have had, so you can catch up quick, that way we can all be on the same page! Plus we can make new friends from around the world which would be awesome.

I love this forum, and I'm not saying to quit this forum, I just think it would be neat to have a group of beginners, and maybe one day we can have webinar's together and stuff.... Who knows but for now I just need some friends to talk beginners python with. So come meet me at (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/peeps-who-love-programming) Obviously don't use the brackets. And if you have trouble finding it, its under python for beginners or just email me(canuckfan34@gmail.com) and I will help!

Looking forward to making some New Friends and Learning some cool stuff!!

-Dennis D(Vancouver,Canada
  3. Contributing User

Originally Posted by canuckfan34
    Hi Everybody, They have got some awesome people on this site to help with problems relating to writing code, but when it comes to learning, that's not the job of this forum.
    What do you expect exactly from a forum to do for a beginner, that you think this forum has not been able to fulfil?
    Regards,
    Dariyoosh
  5. No Profile Picture

It would make it more of a group thing

Hi there,

I was hoping it would make it more for guys who are beginners and nobody would be afraid to ask questions, while also the database would be alot smaller so all the relevant beginner questions could be looked up pretty easy, instead of having to look through pages of stuff. While also making the group a close knit bunch of friends in the long run would be cool. Maybe doing group skype for fun ,and maybe one day attending a conference together so we could all meet. It would also be nice to know exactly who you are conversing with!

Thanks,
    Dennis D.
  7. No Profile Picture

Dont mean to offend anybody

Hi everybody,

I would also like to reiterate, that this forum is awesome and is a great tool for learning and getting help! What I was trying to get across in asking if anybody would like to join a group, is that it would be neat to learn with a bunch of people who are all at the same level roughly. With the hope being we can not only help each other learn, but also become friends! Most of my friends offline, do not have jobs pertaining to computers or none of them are going to school for this kind of thing, so I was looking for a kind of study group type thing, that would also allow us to become friends!

Thanks ,

-Dennis D
  9. No Profile Picture

Sounds good

that doesnt sound like a bad idea, but i cant seem to be able to private message you, is seems i dont have that privilage here at this forum. Can i just join group?

thanks so much, Ken
  11. No Profile Picture

It's easy

Hi Ken,

Yeah just enter this in your browser: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/peeps-who-love-programming.

Then just click add topic or join group. It will ask you to setup a little google account, so do this(you enter your normal email, you dont have to have a google mail to start a group account) then it will take you to the topic screen and then apply to join group! I look forward to sharing info with you Ken!

-Dennis D.
  13. No Profile Picture

ok no problem, I did it and I will go there now and post to your topic about loops, cause I got a loop !
  15. No Profile Picture

Cool

Hi Ken,

The best thing about this whole thing, other than the obvious, is that when we converse through the group topics and you get an email with the topic, you dont have to log back on you can see the topic info right in the email,and then add your own input from email! It saves a step which is nice!

See you soon Ken,

Dennis D.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo