1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Throttle Position

Hello can anyone help me out here. I need a piece of code that will display a graph reading from my throttle position sensor. The sensor is a magnetic angular sensor with an analogue output. I am using the raspberry pi to display it. I have included and ADC in the design but do not know where to start when writing the code for it, anyone be fit to help me out?

Thanks
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    This forum isn't populated with mind readers. Do you already have a device driver to read the output from your ADC or not? Do you simply need to graph some data that is already available or do you have to write some code to get that data first?
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture

I have to write some code to extract the data from the sensor and display it on a monitor. its a angular movement sensor so I intend to wire the sensor to the ADC and in turn wire this circuit to the raspberry pi. Is this possible or which other steps should I do.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Its possible, but at the stage you're at this is still a hardware problem.

Does the raspberry pi have a serial port? (I'm thinking it doesn't... but if it does this is pretty easy to rig up...) If not, you can probably find a suitably cheap USB device to sacrifice and remap to your purposes. Anyway, the part about rigging the device you have that needs to send a signal to the machine you want to read it is a hardware hacking problem. This will probably be the most fun part of your project, but it doesn't really belong on the Python forum just yet.

Once you can read something from /dev that represents your device, then its a Python question.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo