1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

win32 python - mouse events

Ok, I'm trying to write a quick script that will send a mouse_event to the currently focused window.

E.g.
    Script runs --> desktop is focused --> right click event is sent.

I've tried
    Code:
    win32api.mouse_event(win32con.MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN, 700, 700, 0)
    But this doesn't seem to work.

I'm using activestate python with its win32 extentions. I understand it makes reference to c++ documentation for the win32 api/com, but I cannot find any decent examples around.

Can anyone help me out creating a "right clicker" script? Is there any way to target particular applications?

Just so you know, the event seems to work, but I believe I need to target applications. I've imorted win32api and win32con and a try clause doesn't raise any exceptions.

Yours,
    Twll
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by twll
    Ok, I'm trying to write a quick script that will send a mouse_event to the currently focused window.

E.g.
    Script runs --> desktop is focused --> right click event is sent.

I've tried
    Code:
    win32api.mouse_event(win32con.MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN, 700, 700, 0)
    But this doesn't seem to work.

I'm using activestate python with its win32 extentions. I understand it makes reference to c++ documentation for the win32 api/com, but I cannot find any decent examples around.

Can anyone help me out creating a "right clicker" script? Is there any way to target particular applications?

Just so you know, the event seems to work, but I believe I need to target applications. I've imorted win32api and win32con and a try clause doesn't raise any exceptions.

Yours,
    Twll
    EDIT:

I managed to get it to send the mouse event to the windows desktop and various win32 apps. But it doesn't seem to send the mouse_event() to directx applications. This is ultimatly what I want to achieve.

I think I have to use win32con.setCapture() to choose the window to send the mouse_event to, but I'm not sure how to specify the window.

If anyone can explain how I use setCapture, or how I specify a window please let me know.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo