1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

wxPython demo crashes under win98 ( pythonw.exe kernel32.dll)

I just installed Python 2.3.2 on my PC having Windows 98 Second Edition OS. I then installed wxPython 2.4 for windows. When trying to run wxPython demo, pythonw crashes with error "Pythonw has caused an invalid page fault in Kernel32.dll 00:00005". Also after installing Boa Constructor the same error occurs while trying to run Boa. Can anybody help me with this problem please???

Thanks,
    Kalsi

Just found out from Dependency walker that two DLL's USERENV.DLL and APPHELP.DLL are missing. Can anybody tell how to overcome this???
    Last edited by kalsi; March 5th, 2004 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Updated
  3. Mini me.
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Both are system dll's that should be installed with the operating system! Have you tried sfc.exe?

You could try upgrading your Python to 2.3.3. and making sure you are running the latest version of wx(2.4.2.4) for Python 2.3.

Boa uses wxPython so it will fail just as quickly if wx/Python is not setup.

Grim.
  5. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Sympathy

i know how you feel on this one, i sed to be running Windows 98 then ME and every time i tried to send an email from Python the kernal would crash - and of course the email would fail to send. I reported the error to the guys at the Python bugs board and apparently noone else anywhere had this problem . So it can be very frustrating!!!

Needless to say, the problem only went away when i upgraded my OS to XP.

Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by Grim Archon
    Both are system dll's that should be installed with the operating system! Have you tried sfc.exe?

You could try upgrading your Python to 2.3.3. and making sure you are running the latest version of wx(2.4.2.4) for Python 2.3.

Boa uses wxPython so it will fail just as quickly if wx/Python is not setup.

Grim.
    I upgraded to Python 2.3.3 and wxPython 2.4.2.4 as suggested by you and now the wxPython demo is working fine. Even Boa is working well ...Thnks for all the help guys.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo