1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

XML parsing in Python

Hi,
    Cld anyone give me a decent FREE resource for using Python & XML.... I wld be basically dealing with parsing XML docs using Python & I'm not getting 'the perfect material' to read!!

Thanks & Rgds,
    Subha
  3. I <3 ASCII
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I haven't used this particular module, but everything i've used from sourceforge in the past has been quality (and free)

http://pyxml.sourceforge.net

-MBirchmeier
  5. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Hi New… don't know if you've seen Mark Pilgrims Dive into Python; but I would definataly recommend it. Why? Well for one there is a chapter on working with XML from Python. As well as a bunch of other topics, though it's not exactly for those new to programming. Anyway give it a go:

www.diveintopython.org

Happy reading ,

Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks MBirch....I'm going thru' ur sourceforge link! Hope to get some good stuff there

Ummmm Mark, I do have the Dive into Python book....but its just a chapter ...I wanted a book that cld give an exhaustive explanation of XML processing in Python...starting from the scratch & going to the advanced levels. The thing is being a fresh engineering graduate...am new to XML too ....so now I'm in a fix....n I don't want to wade thru' millions of books n get confused...so I wanted some help here....fine I wld go with both the books ...n also come up with my set of doubts hoping some soul cld help!

Thanks,
    Subha
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Not free, but you could invest in the book XML & Python from O'Reilly - it will covery everything you need to know, and more.

David Mertz has written many excellent articles on both Python and XML, mostly for the IBM DeveloperWorks site. They are archived at http://gnosis.cx/publish/tech_index.html

Dave - The Developers' Coach
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you so much for the link http://gnosis.cx/publish/tech_index.html

Guess I've found a treasure, because all these topics are exactly what I want. You don't know how happy I'm.

Subha

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo