1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Zope Product Problem (win32)

I am using a win32 instalation of zope (ver 2.6.2) and everything works fine

except....

I have added the Z ODBC DA product, which after restarting zope loaded fine and the Add Z ODBC Database Connection method is available in the drop down box.

Yet when I try to create a DB connection it wont allow me to select a database. I am trying to create a connection to an access database.

In the Select an ODBC Data Source textarea box it says
    "MS Access Database, Microsoft Access Drive (*.mdb)"
    as one of the data sources. When i put the name of the database in the connection string along with the username and password it says that the string is invalid.

My connection string I tried looked like this:

alliance admin pass

alliance = database name
    admin = username
    pass = password

and it still wont connect.

Can someone please help me with trying to set up this database connection. Unfortunately I have a limited understanding of python (which I should learn one day)

Has anyone else encounted this problem with this product. I have asked here because according the zope.org web site the ODBC product is no longer supported. I dont see why it wont work for my instance of zope because I am using an older version of zope.

Many thanks
    wabirdman
    Real programmers code in binary
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

For those of you that actually read this thread, here is the solution.

I forgot to actually add the database to the system data sources. The Z ODBC DA product can only see database's that are system wide.

wabirdman
    Real programmers code in binary

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo