1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

**Zope Products** for Educational Institution

Currently I am writing a proposal for a school district that is interested in developing a Web portal that encompasses an e-learning component.

Blackboard and Web CT are commercial products that can be quite costly.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any Zope products (add-ins) that are compariable to a Blackboard/Web CT Solution?

Thanks in advance.

BAF
    Last edited by ironchef; February 7th, 2003 at 11:44 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi, I can see that my reply is more than a little late ( i don't know if you've got your proposal up yet or not) though I would expect that most of the functionality provided by WebCt could be similarly created by using Zope, with Local FS (for easy admin of lecture note storage perhaps - not necessarily necessary) and maybe a few ZSQL database connections to the database of your choice.

Personally - having using webct as a student, I find it quite tedious - being very reliant on Javascript navigation.

Given enough time and $$ - I'm sure that I could create a decent learing environment in zope as it is.

I hope that this helps a little. (and that it's not far too late)
  5. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Plone

Hi, you might wana take a quick look at Plone.org, its more content mangment but anyone can add, full of features. If nothing else it will give you an idea of what is possible in Zope!

Have fun,
    Mark.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo