1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to check ms patches

Hi all

I am new to programming, I am trying to write a programme that checks the installed ms security paches in my pc, If the ms security patches does not exist in my pc than to install (only the ms patch which was not installed).

I have copied all the patches in a folder and created a batch file to install all the patches to my pc.

Thanks
  3. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

You should take a look at Mark hammonds Win32all module, basically anything you want to do with the windows platform is included i.e. COM and GUI development.

http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/

Although my knowladge of Windows and Patches is a little low so i can't be of much more help sorry.

Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

It's ok netytan thanks for your help
  7. Retired Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

There was no need to post this in the Networking Help forum as well as here. Please don't cross post questions.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I'm afraid I don't see the point. Given that you have to download them anyway, to save them to the folder, you may as well just install them then.

Besides, it's going to be awfully difficult to navigate through which patches can be applied in which order, and handling reboots and any 'wizard' installers.

It might be worth your time looking at SUS (Microsoft Software Update Services - free download); while it certainly works to roll out patches automatically on business networks, and I don't see any obvious reasons it wouldn't work for a single machine... (re-inventing the wheel, and all that).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo