1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

wxPython program segfaults

I am trying to run an app, SE|PY ActionScript Editor for Flash
    (http://www.sephiroth.it/python/sepy.php ), on a Mandrake 9.2 Linux system. When I try and run the app, it gets as far as displaying the splash screen and then quits with
    Segmentation fault.

The author has no Linux system to test on and says he has never seen this error message on any Windows test. He recommended I search for causes of Segmentation fault errors on Python forums.

My Python: 2.3.3
    wxPython: 2.5.1.5 (installed to run this app. on instructions from developer)

Can anybody suggest where I can start tracking down the cause of this error? I'm not a Python programmer and have no knowledge of how to debug Python scripts, although I have error-trapping experience in scripting languages such as PHP, ActionScript and JavaScript.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
  3. Only the strong survives!!.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

well that deppends how are your codes looking? could be something in your code.. is your program using any kind of memory space? Segment fault is usualy a memory type error
  5. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

This could be a problem being caused by wxPython, in which case you might want to try and run the examples included (on windows this is under the wxPython folder in the menu). If you can't find this try running any example wx program just to see if it works.

If your getting an error message though Python could you post that here.

Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo