1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What is my path?

I would like to use Zope as my web server.
    I just wondering what is my www path if i used Zope as my web server. Like the apache, if mention 'your www path' for me it will be /var/www/html on my server directory, so what about Zope... where is all my site directory. TQ.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Zope does not store the data for the website in a directory structure, but in an object database. There is no equivalent of "/var/www/html/"

Dave - The Developers' Coach
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

as i thought....
    lot of tools/software outside here, especially with their own configuration web page require the /html directory to store the files. For right now i'm just thinking of to recreate those file inside zope... (including all *.html and *.php or ....)
    Does zope have any magic tools for just to point to that directory rather than i recreate it inside zope.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

I think you can configure Zope to use external pages as well as those in the database, but I don't have the details. Search around on the zope.org site, I am sure there are some how-tos posted there.

If you want to move a load of web pages to the Zope DB, the best way is probably to FTP them.

Dave - The Developers' Coach

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo