1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ValueError with times in MySQLdb

Hello,

I'm having a problem with MySQLdb. I get the error:

ValueError: invalid literal for int(): 7-

This only happens on one machine using python2.2 and MySQLdb 0.9.1 or using python2.3 and MySQLdb 1.0.0 -- MySQL vers 4.0.20

On another machine it works with python2.3 and MySQLdb 0.9.2., MySQL vers 4.0.18

mxDateTime 2.0 on both systems.

I'm guessing it's parsing a time string from the db to turn it into a DateTime object and is getting '7-' instead of '07' for the month part. But I have no idea what to do about it. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

daw
  3. No Profile Picture

Still same conditions, but I've narrowed it down to a MySQL timestamp field.
  5. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

What does the timestamp being returned by MySQL look like? At first glance it looks like Python is having problems type-casting the timestamp to an int(). Maybe you could post a little code?

FYI you can see if the timestamp is being returned as a Python object by printing it (assuming that the object doesn't have a __str__() method) or using the type() or isintance() functions.

Take care,

Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

7. No Profile Picture

I have the same problem. I also have mxDateTime installed. It's a bit tricky to debug. The error occurs in the _mysql-code so nothing is really returned back other than a traceback. I run MySQL 4.1.3. I've heard rumors about a change in some of the date-types in mysql > 4. The trouble lies within timestamp for me too. I'll dig deeper into the problem. Please notify me if you find a soulution.

Regards,
    /Marcus Pettersson
  9. No Profile Picture

Hi (again)

I've found a workaround that works for me (only works if you use mxDateTime). I've written a new converter instead of of 'mysql_timestamp_converter'. Funny thing, but sending the converter via the conv-argument in the connection string doesn't work so I have to set it after I've connected.

Example :
    import MySQLdb as dbi
    from mx.DateTime import DateTimeFrom

def timestampConverter(s):
    """Convert MYSQL TIMESTAMP"""
    return DateTimeFrom(s)

conn = dbi.connect(db='testdb', user='testuser'.....)
    conn.converter[7] = timestampConverter

That's about it. Like I said. Works for me.

Regards,
    /Marcus Pettersson

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo