1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question create python frontend for mysql

Hi,
    i am trying to design a frontend for mysql using python. is it possible achieve it with python. i want to design the frontend as GUI standalone application. it should be able to feed and retrieve data from mysql using the table format and also display reports. i do not wish to use php. i have been searching the net for quite some time regarding this without much success. If someone can help me out regarding this i will be quite happy.
  3. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

To answer your question, I can give you a positive yes. Python shouldn't have any trouble doing what you want once you introduce it to MySQLdb and your prefered GUI kit; of which Python has many. So you’ll probably want to do some research on this so you can decided which one suits your needs the best.

If you’re new to Python though it might take you a while to get up to scratch with all this.

If you havn't read it already then you definitely read “MySQL Connectivity With Python” in Devsheds Python section. And anything else that interest you there. This should get you started using MySQL and Python pretty quickly

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Python/MySQL-Connectivity-With-Python/

Hope this helps ,

Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

thanks mark for u r prompt reply. i will check it out

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo