1. No Profile Picture
    inexperienced and useless
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Dispalying Database finds a few at a time?

I am using a python cgi to query a chemically aware database (daylight software) and for every query I am getting a large number of results. Obviously I would like it if I could display about 25 at a time. I can do this for the first 25, but then after that I don't know how to have a link to the next set of results without having to point to a new page. Is there anyway around this.

At the minute all the results are contained in a list called result_list.
    The first 25 are;
    printable_results = result_list[0:24]
    and obviously this is called in the html by the %s symbol. I wondered if there was any way that a link in the html could change the value of %s to then display the next 25 results?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Python Prophet
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'm not sure what you want to do. Do you want to show new results without loading a new page? Then you should fetch all results into a JS array, and I guess you could show 25 at a time using DHTML.
    If you just want to get 25 results per page, just define something like &offset=34 in the URL to show results 34-59. Use this offset in your SQL with LIMIT offset, offset+25. Of course, this is all pseudo-code.
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think I know, I'll use regular expressions. Now they have two problems. - Jamie Zawinski, in comp.lang.emacs

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo