1. Junior Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile newbie here and needs help

hey everyone ... am new here.
    am trying to learn python. i dont have any books. all that am working on now for the mean time is this online manual i got when i was done setting it up. this is my first time here to learn a language all by myself. lets just hope that i go through it well
    help plz
    umm ... so far, the only prb i have are this:
    1. what do heck are complex number and are they important to learn or even useful ?
    2. this unicode strings. no idea what it is, wat it does, and how can it b useful to me. all i figured out is that it changes a type into something else. u either type unicode or encode.
    am completely lost in these 2 prbs
    thanx

i know some vb and java
    it has come to my attention that i cant handle the words and terms. i mean, while reading the online manual and doing the examples they gave me, i found it hard to deal with the words. all i found comfy were the examples when i worked on them. am more practical rather than a theoretical dude
  3. Contributing User

complex numbers - you don't have to care about them if you don't know what they are (you didn't take math, did you?)... yes you can safely ignore them...

as for Unicode -> this site explains better than i do: http://www.unicode.org/unicode/stand...IsUnicode.html
  5. Junior Member

AAAHH .. FINALLY SOMEONE ANSWERS ME. thank u so much. i was starting to give up hope on this forum
    is that a mock redemption asking me if i took math or not heheh. anywayz, good thing that i can ignore them. and thanx for the site. helped me understand what was going on
    can i ask u a favor of giving me a site that has practice excersises on it for python. its like am learning but am not sure that i can do this later. i need excersises to try it out to c if i really am learning of not
    thanx agian
  7. Contributing User

heheh i was kidding about the math thing

i'm not sure about a site but i suppose google would serve you well if you do a search... if not you can always look for links and tutorials at the Python homepage...
  9. Junior Member

gracias senior.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo