Thread: Zope tutorials

1. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Zope tutorials

Hi,

I'm getting more and more intrested in Zope, the more I read the more is seems like a good thing, especially the whole Python Powered bit of it! Does anyone know of any good Zope tutroials? I've made several failed attempts to locate any and to be honest the lack of documentation is starting to get anoying!

Thanks all,

Take care,
    Mark.
  3. Contributing User

We have a zope article section right hereon the site -> http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/Zope
    ~ Joe Penn
  5. Hello World :)

Zope intro

Hi jpenn, I've looked at this before and it really doesn't teach you much at all.. theres an intro to DTML and ZPT but what I'm looking for is an into to Zope itself, I mean, you install Zope and fire it up, the first thing you see is the Zope User interface with about a million options and etc. it's a little scary, even for experianced developers! Really needing an explination of the various functions and how to get started..

Thanks alot for the responce though.

Mark.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Theres a tutorial that comes with zope
    I can't remember where it is, but it's a very good one to start with.
  9. Hello World :)

Thanks Yogi, I'll take a look at it! Oh, I'll send you the examples you wasked about this evening, sorry its taken so long.

Thanks,
    Mark
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanx netytan,

I actually forgot about that ... been so insanely busy with uni ... dun know whether i'm comming or going.
  13. No Profile Picture

In case you did not find it (and for the benefit of others in need): the docs are all right at the zope home in few different formats: Have a peek at the The Zope Book at www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/ . It's just plain great working with an app server with such a kewl docs. I trust you'll enjoy the official doc.

I have also used the book "Zope: Web Application Development and Content Management", it's a tad outdated now and not the best tutorial. But it's great at explaining things for a techie with web experience on other server platforms and languages. And it also gives sound advice on getting organized for good content management (like explaining the structured text concept, several Zope products, etc).

All the best for your Zope journey -- I'm having fun with it, and I sure hope you'll also!
  15. Hello World :)

Zope Book

thats strange, I just got this book in the mail today from amazon so there's my reading or the next few days or so. I'll have to look into some other books sooner or later, "The Zope Book" is very basic but seems to be a good intro! Anyone wana sugest any other books i'd be very interested, I've heard some good things about "The Zope Bible" anyone every read?

Thanks all,
    Mark.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo