1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Listting HTTP directories

Hello all,
    I've looked, but I can't find a nice way to get a directory listing of an HTTP directory in Python (or anything for that matter!)

Can anyone help?

Thanks in anticipation,

dan
  3. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

directory listings.

Hey,

What exactly are you trying to do? To get a list of all the files and folders in a directory you can use os.listdirs(path string) which returns an array of all the files/folders it see's.

Also see the glob module.

Hope this helps.

Mark.
  5. No Profile Picture

Re: directory listings.

Originally posted by netytan
    Hey,

What exactly are you trying to do? To get a list of all the files and folders in a directory you can use os.listdirs(path string) which returns an array of all the files/folders it see's.

Also see the glob module.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

Locally, getting a listing is easy. I want a listing of all files at, say, http://www.apple.com/

I could parse the HTML and get all the files it refers to, but that's not necessarily all the files in the directory.
  7. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

FTP

I'd check out the FTPlib module, this provides a full FTP interface, that should let you connect to a site and retieve a file/dir listing. If not maybe use the Socket module..

If you are just looking for a way to get the listing and done wnat to do much with it when you have the listing can i suggest the FlashGet Download Manager, it has a feature which allows you to conned to any website and get a list of all files and dirs.

Mark.
  9. No Profile Picture

Re: FTP

Originally posted by netytan
    I'd check out the FTPlib module, this provides a full FTP interface, that should let you connect to a site and retieve a file/dir listing. If not maybe use the Socket module..

If you are just looking for a way to get the listing and done wnat to do much with it when you have the listing can i suggest the FlashGet Download Manager, it has a feature which allows you to conned to any website and get a list of all files and dirs.

Mark.
    I can't FTP to all sites, i'd like to use HTTP if at all possible. One problem with FlashGet: i'm on Mac OS X

However, I'd love to know how flashget does it!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo