Thread: Bub n' Bros

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Bub n' Bros

Hi!

I'm new to python and I thought I would check out a python game to see how advanced it is. Anyway I use WindowsXP and I dont know how to play or install the game(the game is Bub 'n Bro's it like bubble bobble and I got it from www.pygame.org). The installation instuctions are for Unix. If someone can find out how to get it to work for Windows please tell me.

Thanks
    TheSkunker
  3. No Profile Picture

The steps follow as such:

- Grab an ISO from linuxiso.org
    - Burn said image onto a disc
    - Install linux
    Last edited by ZeUs; June 23rd, 2003 at 10:37 AM.
  5. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Mmmm how about no! sounds more like wiping his hardrive to me.. Skunker, i wouldn't do what this guy say's, well not unless you wana loose all your work and etc.

Stultus, lil mean don't you think!

Mark
  7. No Profile Picture

Not at all. Linux is the greatest development tool of all!
  9. Hello World :)

uh huh..

Yeah I have to agree with you Linux rox! But if you follow your instructions you'll wipe the whole C drive. surpose Skunker did what you said and lost all his work? Would that not be mean? I don't mean to to have a go at you but if your a real newbie you just might do it.. and Oh God! Not to mention it's lack of relivance to this post anyway.

Mark.
  11. No Profile Picture

It is of great probability that that work was Windows-specific. Surely, Netytan, you wouldn't want to advance that community?
  13. Hello World :)

Windows

Hey let's not let this turn into a battle of OS's the fact is, Linux is sweet, but due to the nature of the beast you cant really escape windows forever (it being a comercial standard and all). If I could I would dont get me wrong, no I dont like the way microsoft has cornered the market but I can't do much about it, as with anything else in life try accept it . Skunker using windows doesnt effect you, and trying to wipe his/others work doesnt send the best impression of the Linux or Open Source community.

basically, nope, ask me windows is the lil bratty sister of the OS's, always gets what it wants even though its pretty dumb.

Have fun,
    Mark.
  15. No Profile Picture

Personally, I believe you misinterpreted my post. The message that I was attempting to convey was 'switch to linux', not 'put your hard disk in the microwave'.

When you say that you can't do anything about it, I don't believe you. Any contribution to the Open Source community is another poke to Microsoft's eye. To claim powerlessness is a copout.
  17. Hello World :)

Yups

that's ok, we seem to have misinterpreted each other all the way though! As I've said I'm no fan of microsoft, Open Source is the only way to go if you ask me, and I didn't mean to covney "powerlessness" stultus simply because I highly dout anyone on this planet is truly powerless, let alone anyone here! You know I agree with you about Linux, but other than the fact that Microsoft sucks *** I have nothing against them

But you have to have see my point about how you chose to display this message?! Just a note for da future.

Take care stultus.

Have fun,
    Mark.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Microsoft gets alot of unneccesary **** hung on them.

They are a business. Any business is there to make money, not to spend money developing stuff and then giving it away for free. Do you get pissed off that pentium doesnt give away its processors for free?

Their products are often excellent. The main reason ppl say its so bad is derived from the fact that their software is not free and so they make any **** up to say that microsoft is bad for all other bull**** reasons. Fine - don't use it then if u have a problem with capitolism. When you get a *paid* job coding, why don't you think about where the money comes from. Communism only works in theory. Its capitolism that works because people are greedy by nature.

Take off your coloured glasses and be objective about ms. Their products are bloody good.

It would be nice if it were free, but then there would be much much less money sunk into it and their products would be the quality of linux apps.

Eli

btw .. hope you don't take this in an offensive manner. I just had a point to make - thats all.
  21. Hello World :)

Talking Linux is great! But Microsoft does have it's good points.

On the contrary, Windows sucks, It's stability compared to Linux and Unix is pathetic, and add that to the constant updates and patches you have to download it makes me wonder why people bother.

Visual Studio though I have to say is an excellent piece of software! Especially owning to the number of languages is supports (Including Python YAY).

That Microsoft charge for their programs has nothing to do with why I don't like them that much, of course anyone can see it's a business and businesses are setup to make money. The reason I’m not keen on Microsoft is the way they corner the market on everything, when you go into any large computer store all you see is Windows Windows Windows, as you’ve probably guessed I’m not that keen on the OS mainly because of the amount of time I’ve spent fixing this and that, dealing with incompatibilities, bugs, viruses and of course downloading patches

On the subject of Linux software being of “low quality” there are as many (if not more) great pieces of software for Linux than there are bad! Seen Apache? Ya know the worlds number one web server, was originally Linux software before it was ported to other OS’s. The quality of the software depends usually on the amount of time and effort spent perfecting it, and I know for a fact that there are sooooo many pieces of software for Windows that can only be described as sh*t!

Other than that Microsoft are fine by me, people who want to use Microsoft tech are fine by me, to each his own.

Have fun,
    Mark.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo