1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question py2exe problem....

Whenever i compile my py's with the -w flag, it never runs, that is, once its compiled the program doesnt run, i click on it and it will think for about 2-3 secs then nothing...

the reason i want to use the -w flag is becuase i want the get rid of the interpreter

my program has a gui and the interpreter makes it confusing for some of my users

i type
    D:/Python23/python.exe setup.py py2exe -w
    into the run box

please help
  3. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

It's possible Py2exe is not fully compatable with Python 2.3.. You might want to download it again if you didn't download it yesterday since a new port to 2.3 was released.

I was looking at the Py2exe doc's on there website and wondered if -c would do what you wanted?

--console or -c
    build a console application, similar to running the script with python.exe. The default is to create a console application if the script has the extension .py, a console-less GUI application if the script has the extension .pyw

of course if you used -c you'd need to use the .pyw extension to get the desired result.

What do you mean by get rid of the interpriter? Surly compiling any program with Py2exe would remove the dependancy on Python?

Take care,
    Mark.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

what i meant was that i wanted to hide the interpereter

When i run the compiled program, the interpereter is there also, though it serves no real perpose,

the user doesnt enter in, or read any information from it, thats all done by the gui, so its just kind of an eyesore, and may confuse users, about why its there..

ill try that -c thing
  7. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

I don't see it.. programs compiled with Py2exe are stand alone meaning they will run on systems which don't have the Python interpriter.. There's a dll created with an exe, you talking about this?

Let me know if -c does/doesn't do what you wanted

Mark.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo