1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Installed Python 2.2.3 still see python 2.2.1 on apache.

My Apache web server is still pointed to python 2.2.1, How do I change this?

Apache/2.0.45 (Unix) mod_python/3.0.3 Python/2.2.1
  3. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

If your talking about Python CGI, depending on where Python 2.2.3 you'll need to change the shebang/path at the top of your programs to point at Python 2.2.3

I'm assuming that you have both versions of Python on your server now? I'm also assuming were talking about a remote *nix server.

If you have access to your servers shell type "which python", this will check your environment variables and return the path to Python, if it points at Python 2.2.1 you can change it to point at 2.2.3, kinda new to *nix so not sure how

Hope this helps,
    Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for the reply.... sorry for not giving details.

Im using Apache on RedHat Linux 8.0, I have installed Mod-python to create a new web application.

Redhat Linux came with python 2.2.1 installed but I upgraded to 2.2.3... Im able to run python from the command line and its the correct version (2.2.3) but apache starts up with version 2.2.1 still. Maybe its a library path / Apache startup question?/

thanks
    Penngray
  7. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Sounds like an apache config issue. You probably want to dig into your httpd.conf file and see where it is loading up mod_python or whatever. Also, shouldn't you be upgrading the mod_python module,because if it has its own copy of a python interpreter in it, then you'll need to upgrade that as well.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks for the reply,

I upgraded Python to 2.2.3 before I downloaded the Mod-python package so I believe my mod-python is the correct version

Everything is actually working its just a little "annoying" to see Python 2.2.1 as the version Apache is still using. I would like for it to say 2.2.3

btw, wrote my first app that simply connects to a database and creates HTML form that lists customers to select from....very cool and simple!!!
  11. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Throw in the mod_python factor why dont you .. the fact that Apache is running your Python though mod_python could be why your getting this problem. I'm guessing mod_python was installed in 2.2.1? You might want to check where the mod_python module was installed..

I've never actually succeded at getting mod_python running, i'll give it another go sometime.

Anyway, you could take a look at your apache config file and see if it tells mod_python which to use? you might also want to ask this in the Apache forum

Mark.
    Last edited by netytan; September 27th, 2003 at 11:17 AM.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

good point, mod_python might of been installed in python 2.2.1!

As I said above so far everything is working....now if I can just figure out how to work with the apache AddHandlers pythonhandler stuff!!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo