1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to write a game title

Hi

New here. I am attempting to write a text game in Python. I've gotten as far as coding a title and doing a couple msgboxes. The msgbox code works fine, but I don't understand why it is popping up before the title, because in the code the title is done first. For the title, I used one of the test questions from the book "Hello World" about making big letters, so for example:

Code:
    print "JJJ   EEE  SSS      SSS  " 
             print "  J    E    S         S       "  
             print "  J    E E   SSS     SSS  " 
             print "  J    E         S         S  " 
             print "JJJ    EEE SSS     SSS   "
    The title in the code I wrote actually comes out as I wrote it, and so does the msgbox, I just don't get what is making them come out of order? I did the msgbox using easygui.msgbox. Imported easygui, pygame, sys, and random. Ideas?

Thanks.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

First, you should try the figlet program to print large letters.
    Code:
    $ figlet -f smslant Figlet is FUN'!'
       _____      __    __    _       ______  ___  ____
      / __(_)__ _/ /__ / /_  (_)__   / __/ / / / |/ / /
     / _// / _ `/ / -_) __/ / (_-<  / _// /_/ /    /_/ 
    /_/ /_/\_, /_/\__/\__/ /_/___/ /_/  \____/_/|_(_)  
          /___/
    I suppose it won't significantly help your python coding.

Post some code to get help. Use code tags as described in the link at my signature, and expect sporadic assistance if you use python modules that aren't distributed with python, pygame and ezgui or whatnot.
    [code]Code tags[/code] are essential for python code and Makefiles!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post some code to get help. Use code tags as described in the link at my signature, and expect sporadic assistance if you use python modules that aren't distributed with python, pygame and ezgui or whatnot.
    Not sure how it didn't come through like that, because it does look like it did on my computer, but I did actually make sure to use the code tags when I was making the post. So I don't know exactly what you meant there.

Regardless, thanks for replying, and for giving me another idea for how to make large letters. I'm going to try my problem out from a different perspective and see what happens meanwhile.

Thanks again
    Last edited by JAHowe; December 8th, 2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: missed part of a tag

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo