1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Text wrangler to use python 3

Hi all,

My brain is melting. I have no knowledge of coding. I have searched and tried to get text wrangler on my Mac to run python 3 in the terminal and cant figure it. Mac is running OSX 10.6.8. The script that came with the install doesn't seem to work.

I dont know how to adjust the order the different pythons are in as I got lost in the terminology. I dont think Python 3 has been installed in the same place as Python 2.

Any help would be amazing. I understand how to get terminal to run python 3 by simply typing it in each time, and also that I could just use the other shell that came with the install.

Hope to hear from someone that is patient and might be able to help me start up the mountain!

Glen
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ANy help?

Originally Posted by glen.saberton
    Hi all,

My brain is melting. I have no knowledge of coding. I have searched and tried to get text wrangler on my Mac to run python 3 in the terminal and cant figure it. Mac is running OSX 10.6.8. The script that came with the install doesn't seem to work.

I dont know how to adjust the order the different pythons are in as I got lost in the terminology. I dont think Python 3 has been installed in the same place as Python 2.

Any help would be amazing. I understand how to get terminal to run python 3 by simply typing it in each time, and also that I could just use the other shell that came with the install.

Hope to hear from someone that is patient and might be able to help me start up the mountain!

Glen

Hello again,

Any help with this would still be greatly appreciated

Sincerely
    Glen
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

I don't have a mac.
    I don't have textwrangler.
    I'm quite satisfied with emacs.

There it is, your demand for response outweighed relevancy.

Forget about whatever you wanted. Use (click) this.
    [code]Code tags[/code] are essential for python code and Makefiles!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo