1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Gotta be an easy one here: IDLE issue

I keep getting a syntax error message and then IDLE highlights the '7' in RED right at the beginning of the Python script where it shows the version of Python. In other words, the scripts always start with this:
    Python 2.7.2 (default, Jun 12 2011, 15:08:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

The 7, right between "2." and ".2" is what appears to be causing the problem. I've uninstalled everything from version 2.5.x because I thought it had something to do with an older version, but still can't get past this. Ideas?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by CaptainThunder
    I keep getting a syntax error message and then IDLE highlights the '7' in RED right at the beginning of the Python script where it shows the version of Python. In other words, the scripts always start with this:
    Python 2.7.2 (default, Jun 12 2011, 15:08:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

The 7, right between "2." and ".2" is what appears to be causing the problem. I've uninstalled everything from version 2.5.x because I thought it had something to do with an older version, but still can't get past this. Ideas?
    I'm sorry, but I can't figure out what you are trying to do.

Please paste the code you're trying to get to run.
    http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#code

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo