1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Help Needed: Matching Game

Hey everyone,

I want to create a matching game (sort of), like the memory games where you have to match pictures with words. But, I don't actually plan on having any of the tiles match. Basically, I want the user to be able to click on one card, have it flip, click another card, have that one flip, and both of them flip back over because they don't match. I never want them to match. The back side of the cards will be blank (a color, I guess) and the hidden sides will have pictures on them.

Unfortunately, I am no expert coder and I have no idea where to start. Or how to do any of this in general.

Any ideas?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by ava_ashley32
    Hey everyone,

I want to create a matching game (sort of), like the memory games where you have to match pictures with words. But, I don't actually plan on having any of the tiles match. Basically, I want the user to be able to click on one card, have it flip, click another card, have that one flip, and both of them flip back over because they don't match. I never want them to match. The back side of the cards will be blank (a color, I guess) and the hidden sides will have pictures on them.

Unfortunately, I am no expert coder and I have no idea where to start. Or how to do any of this in general.

Any ideas?
    A memory game where no tiles match? Sounds like a game that Sisyphus would enjoy!

Look into pygame, start by simply drawing all cards, then make them clickable, then add handling to flip them over, and so on.
    http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#code

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo