1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

HELP! How to Define ALL LINKS to a domain.

Hi Guys... I'm trying to do a search and replace for all urls going to a specific domain.

Im using a regex plugin for wordpress.

I used to link to a domain that started with the letters "Bio" .. .and I took that site down... so now, i've got hundreds of links going to hundreds of pages in a domain that doesn't exist any more.

So... how do i Search ALL instances of a link going to that domain and replace them all ... they are all different urls with only the main domain in common.

SEE: damn... i cant even link you to a picture!

basically i'm trying to replace:
    http

oh damn... i cant even do that!
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

How is the replacement going to be calculated? Is there another domain with the same content and you just need to replace the domain so the links work again?
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Is the new site a direct copy of the old domain? Your post appears to imply yes. You may try a 301 redirect on the old domain.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo