1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need help, simple request.

I run Counter Strike game servers and I need a little help.

The problem is, I need a way to block players from posting other game serves IP addresses. There are several plugins that does this, but players have found a way around them.

For ex. if a player types "Go to 208.74.66.20:27012 P G N Deathmatch Classic CZ" the plugin will block it, but if the player types "Go to 2 0 8 . 7 4 . 6 6 . 2 0 : 2 7 0 1 2 P G N Deathmatch Classic CZ" the plugin will not block it. So is there a way to block the IP addresses that have spaces in them or other symbols in them. Just to be clear, I want to block all IP addresses other than mines.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone can help me.
  3. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Run the regex against the chat text after it's been stripped of all whitespace.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for responding, but I don't know alot about regex. What does that mean? Here is the regex that the script uses to block IPs.
    "(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\.(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\.(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\.(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)"
  7. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Oh god.

Have you ever thought about checking numbers with actual number functions? I know people love regexes, but it's not the solution for everything.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks Jacques1, but can you please explain. I'm new to this and I really don't understand.
  11. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

What I mean is that you should check number ranges with operators like "<", ">", "<=" etc.

For example, if you want a variable "num" to be between 0 and 255, simply check for
    Code:
    num >= 0 && num <= 255
    (This is just pseudo-code, the actual code depends on what language you're using)

Your language may even have this check built in. Anyway, everything is better than this unreadable regex.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo