1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Automatic Backup one postgresSql database

Hi Guys,

Please help me setup a script to backup one postgresSql db.

This is my scenario:

I have a running ubuntu server where my postgress db is running. I need to setup a ruby script that runs every day at sertian time wich will backup my db "postgis" to a local directory ex: /var/backups on my server and them will zippit and send to a remote windows backup server.

Can anyone please help me!....
    Last edited by dario.sequeira; August 8th, 2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Title was not comleate
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

so what did you do already? With a 10 minute Google search, you should at least figure out how to backup a PostgreSQL database and zip it (protip: read the manual!). And if you're really, really smart, you could enter "linux regular task" into Google, which leads you to crons and a nice tutorial explaining exactly how to set up a regular task in Ubuntu.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo