1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Learning ruby with projects

Hi everybody, jedis of ruby...
    I want to learn ruby as a non experienced human organisma that never
    made any programming. I need to learn ruby and i want to find a tutorial
    which makes it possible to learn ruby with real world projects. It can
    be learn ruby with 10 projects or 100 projects.
    Do you know any tutorial like explained above.
    Thank you
    Rushen
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

So I can safely assume you went to the Ruby website and clicked on the "Documentation" link, and then saw all of the different learning references and starting points listed there?
    When you ask a question, be prepared to tell us: what have you tried? If you think you don't need to try anything, we will never be interested in helping you. If you agree with the link, and you refuse to answer that question, you are being a hypocrite.

Need help with broken code? Your question should be like a good bug report: (1) It has the smallest number of steps to reproduce the problem you see (2) It tells us precisely what you expected to see and (3) It tells us what you saw and how it differed from what you expected. We need all three to help you.
    Want better answers? Tell us what you Googled for and what steps you took to answer your own question.
  5. No Profile Picture

Yes you can... I an searching for a tutorial that explains ruby concepts in some real world projects not greetings to world even in every chapter. There are many source that tell hello world example. That doesnt make sense for me. I need more realistic examples...
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you're willing to buy a book, Learn to Program is an excellent book that teaches how to program—assuming no previous experience—in Ruby.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Ruby is a language, a tool. The nature of this tool does not change whether you are writing 1 line or 100K lines of code. By the scope and nature of a real project, you cannot learn from them. They aren't designed to be learned from.

You haven't programmed anything so far? Then get started with the basics. You might think its useless to go through the basic, simplistic examples found in a book, but they are what teach you how to use Ruby.

When you write large scale programs, those concepts do not change. What does come into play is good software design and algorithms. Such a topic has nothing to do with Ruby itself.
    When you ask a question, be prepared to tell us: what have you tried? If you think you don't need to try anything, we will never be interested in helping you. If you agree with the link, and you refuse to answer that question, you are being a hypocrite.

Need help with broken code? Your question should be like a good bug report: (1) It has the smallest number of steps to reproduce the problem you see (2) It tells us precisely what you expected to see and (3) It tells us what you saw and how it differed from what you expected. We need all three to help you.
    Want better answers? Tell us what you Googled for and what steps you took to answer your own question.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo