1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Not sure what to program..

Alright so Im learning to program with ruby, i read tutorials but im not really sure what to program with the syntax that i learn from the tutorials. Im not sure really what i want to program once i fully learn ruby so there really isnt a project that i am working towards. Im not really sure which way to go.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

You could try some of what you find here:

rubyquiz
    True happiness is not getting what you want, it's wanting what you've already got.

My Blog
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

How about http://www.pythonchallenge.com/? You can go through it any language, but you’ll want a relatively high language for it to be fun. Ruby qualifies.

Is there absolutely nothing you want to make for yourself? A useful business app? A game? Try making some relatively common programs. A plain text editor. A simple word processor. A RPN capable calculator. A text adventure. A web server. An irc client. A jabber client. A bitmap editor. An mp3 tag inspector.
    When you ask a question, be prepared to tell us: what have you tried? If you think you don't need to try anything, we will never be interested in helping you. If you agree with the link, and you refuse to answer that question, you are being a hypocrite.

Need help with broken code? Your question should be like a good bug report: (1) It has the smallest number of steps to reproduce the problem you see (2) It tells us precisely what you expected to see and (3) It tells us what you saw and how it differed from what you expected. We need all three to help you.
    Want better answers? Tell us what you Googled for and what steps you took to answer your own question.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

yea im not really sure what i want, i really dont have a need or desire to program something with an exact characteristic

edit: Im thinking a text editor would be cool to program. Ok so now i have a project, now its just how hehe.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo