1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ruby scripting a movement in engine

y
    Hello

Im a ruby beginner.And I am trying to animate something in a simple 3d engine which has a ruby binding available.So
    you can utilize some loaded models in the engine to move, blink etc.I ve managed to blink,to rotate and to move a
    loaded model.The scene you will see is basicaly a globe model with the texture of the sky on it in the middle is a ground model with a grass texture.There is a road juncion model and a car on the road.I m asking for help or litle guidance because Im stuck in this one.Basicaly I m trying to create a turning movement (method) for an object(car or anything else).{A very basic

movement with no physics involved) .To be able to take a turn on a junction for example in any way.

If I send you the

basic engine and my scripts along with the models could you please help me with this? I am not or maybe the

philosophy behind of the programming of this kind of a movement.AS I uderstand you are creating scripts in Ruby

for Google Sketchup.So maybe you can help me in this.

#####The files####

You can run my basic script with the start.bat. The models and the configuration files are in DATA and DATA\Vila directory there is also the *rb fle which creates the whole scene.

there is a simple blinking script and a simple movemetn script aslo a rotation script. But Im not able to do a

movement along a curve.MAybe a bazier curve or something with that? hoping for help.

files awailable for download

"put zshare site name here"/download/73810106b9303da5/

"put megaupload site name here"/?d=G0ZVI4KU

"put rapidsahre site name here"/files/364471302/enginescriptmodels.zip.html

"put deposit files site name here"/files/3s62cdaka

have a nice day

NeoNF
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

This is not a factory; we do not churn out solutions to compensate for your lack of effort. Should you insist on treating this like a factory you will have to offer up compensation to the employees.
    True happiness is not getting what you want, it's wanting what you've already got.

My Blog
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by L7Sqr
    This is not a factory; we do not churn out solutions to compensate for your lack of effort. Should you insist on treating this like a factory you will have to offer up compensation to the employees.

Hi I am not treating you as a factory.Askling for direction help, toughts way of approach.I ve uploaded the files.There are the script and methodts I ve already done.I did not postet code samples because it has some specifics.You need to see the script file to understand that.

I ve managed to make a turning movement with the combination of a movemetnt forward and rotation but it looks very ugly I ve combined 3 movement(move forward) sequentions with changet parameters + rotatation and the whle turning action consumed 3 steps and looks pretty ugly I would send the code but to see the result you need to paste into the script and start up my scene. IF you really need to see a bit of code as equivalence of effort here it is.

Code:
    if ($scene_id==0) then 

if(MoveObject1($auto1,0,-1,0,6)) then $scene_count=0;      $scene_id=1;    
    end 
    end

if ($scene_id==1) then  if(CameraDirection($auto1,1,1,-25,30))||(MoveObject2($auto1,-0.4,-0.35,0,6)) then $scene_count=0;      $scene_id=2;  
      end
    end
    i
    f ($scene_id==2) then   

if(CameraDirection($auto1,1,1,0,1))||(MoveObject2($auto1,-1,0,0,2)) then $scene_count=0;      $scene_id=3;   

end 

end

MoveObject = moves object in given direction
    CameraDirection = is for camera orientation but it can be aplied on any object (model) in the engine.

and scene Id is self explanatory if scene 1 is done skip to scene 2 etc....

But as I ve mantioned IT is not the best solution SO I am asking for help.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo