1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile Good Tutorial Videos on Ruby (especially RoR)

Hey, guys,

I'm a total Ruby novice; I'm looking to get started on learning Ruby (especially RoR), and I've got zero prior coding or programming experience.

I'm not looking to become a pro overnight, I'm trying to get a grasp on the basics and slowly build my knowledge of the language, and of Rails as its framework. My motives behind this are that I'm running the business side of a web start-up based out of Ottawa, Canada, and my business associate is building the site off RoR, so I'd like to be able to have some idea of how the site is being built.

To this end, I was wondering if anybody knew of some good RoR video tutorials that are available for free. I've run a few searches now, and I can't seem to find anything in video form that is free-of-charge.

Can anybody recommend any personal favourites or good resources on the matter that would be suitable for somebody learning from total scratch?

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

http://rubyonrails.org/screencasts

http://railscasts.com/
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am a noobie too.. and I recently found an absolutely amazing rails tutorial/video.

Type: "Rails for Zombies" into google... this one site taught me more than all the others combined.

Thanks to Gregg Pollack and the guys at EnvyLabs for creating this
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Think
    I am a noobie too.. and I recently found an absolutely amazing rails tutorial/video.

Type: "Rails for Zombies" into google... this one site taught me more than all the others combined.

Thanks to Gregg Pollack and the guys at EnvyLabs for creating this
    Thanks a lot, that's really helpful!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo