1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Using ActiveLDAP for authentication

I would appreciate some help with the following issue. I have two servers running within our network. One is serving as an active directory for the network.

The second server runs a small corporate intranet, i would like to authenticate users of the corporate intranet to authenticate with the Active Directory. I have identified ActiveLDAP as a solution to the problem i have instlalled the required gems and have setup the active ldap yaml file.

It looks like it is connecting with the active directory server but i cannot work out how to check a username and password with the server. i cant seem to get a list of username and passwords.

Here is my YAML:

Code:
    production:
      host: 192.168.1.1
      base: DC=HQ,DC=domain,DC=co,DC=uk
      bind_dn: 'HQ\username'
      password: password
    And my model:

Code:
    class ActiveUser < ActiveLdap::Base
    	ldap_mapping :dn_attribute => 'displayName', :classes => 'user'
    end
    running the line below blinks back an empty array rather than the names i would expect:
    Code:
    @user = ActiveUser.all
    I have also tried:
    Code:
    @user = ActiveUser.find(:all, 'My Name')
    Im not very familiar with activedirectory and have am not really sure what the ActiveDirectory tree looks like, it is however as far as im aware a very basic setup. Very little has changed from the default.

Is anyone familiar with the ActiveLdap gem, i have already spent hours looking at the official documentation (http://ruby-activeldap.rubyforge.org/doc/)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

map
    Chile Tours & Trips

Stretching over half of South America, Chile offers a vast amount of different landscapes; from the massive peaks of Torres del Paine in the south, to the dry deserts and beautiful coastline. Tours in Chile offer something for every type of adventure traveler .

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo