1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Web Development Projects

Hey guys, I am interested in knowing, what new Web Development projects you are doing, curious to know, what data base you use, and if you are using Linux or Windows platform. Also, will like to know, if there are any alternatives to Adobe products, that you may be using
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

If you're developing a web development framwork or something of the kind you wont want it too be platform specific. I wouldn't be developing anything like that myself (basically because I believe there is too much competition in that field within the Ruby community) A few of my friends developed web frameworks like Mongrel and Camping.

You should check out the project list on rubyforge, they're always screaming out for developers or testers. Or perhaps you could start your own project and get others involved.

Oh and I would never use Adobe products. I try and avoid software you're supposed to pay for when there is clearly good enough - if not better - software out there (take Windows and Linux for example). If I'm coding, I use nothing but vim or komodo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo