Thread: Using IRB

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Using IRB

So I have used ruby before but it has been about a year, and for some reason this time I am having some issues. I installed Ruby and then FreeRide. I open the IRB to run a simple program that I made just to see that everythings working and it will not let me do anything without syntax errors in the IRB. this is all I tried to do.

Code:
    $ CD
    $ MKDIR RubyTestDir
    $ CD RubyTestDir
    $ ruby -cw test.rb

Any help at all would be great because I want to get moving with the code.

Thank you.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Several things:
    What you posted is not an irb session.
    If what you posted is intended to be a shell session of sorts, then you make a directory, enter that (empty) directory and try to interpret a file that is not there... I'm not sure I understand that.

You need to post a correct walkthrough of what you did (including error output) so that we may see what went wrong. From what you post, there is not enough information to even understand what error you are getting.
    True happiness is not getting what you want, it's wanting what you've already got.

My Blog
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Im aware that, that is shell script. Which is something i was doing at the same time, sorry for not pasting the correct code in but i solved my problem..sorry

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo