1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Urgent help , please give me the ruby code for this question

There are 3 novels in plain text format in the attachment. These novels are - "War and Peace" , "Good Indian" , "Old Indian Days" . The problem involves writing a ruby program to search for keywords in these 3 novels(similar to the search engines you use to search for anything but in this case it should search for words only in these 3 novels).

Output :- desired output should involve one html file with a textbox to type in search terms and display the results and any ruby files that you write to do the search. You can use any frameworks or libraries that are open source(except any open source/closed source search engine). Along with these also include a file with instructions on how to run the program.

Input :- people should be able to type in any English keyword or a phrase and the results should include the most relevant paragraphs with respect to the words that are typed in. One rule to start with is number of times the word or phrase occurs in a paragraph. The more the number the more the relevancy. you need to add more rules to increase the relevancy of these searches.

Criteria on which your programs will be judged :- The first test will be the relevancy of the results with respect to the keywords typed in the search box. Other criterion include how fast is the search happening and efficiency of the data structures you used in your program. Secondary criterion include how well you have structured the whole code and if any design patterns you followed.
  3. No Profile Picture
    I AM A GOLDEN GOD
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Try the "Hire a Programmer" forum. I'm sure there is a Ruby programmer in urgent need of a paycheck.
    "Seriously, we're not a search engine, we're actual people." ~ ManiacDan

BookMooch.com : Give books away. Get books you want.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Okay, I'll take the bait.

Is there anything else you would like?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo