Thread: Twitter Clone

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Twitter Clone

I was looking for a Twitter clone tutorial with ruby on rails.
    How can I make a RSS stream or a custom RSS Feed of favorites strings. Preferred ruby on rails or any better alternate

We are following the same concept of microblogging service of Status.net
    Also i am looking for sharing within 140-170 characters same as twitter. Because it is planned to use that for only internal business use.

Any suggestions and feedback are most welcomed.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi,

Is it that you want a twitter clone or RSS feed producer for your existing data? In case you want a twitter clone, instead of developing it from scratch and reinventing the wheel, you can use the open source codebase from StatusNet itself:

http://status.net/open-source

You can also try out this series: http://teachmetocode.com/screencasts/creating-a-twitter-clone-in-rails-part-1/
    @ PresentSoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd., a software development firm in Goa - India, we develop scalable applications using on Ruby on Rails and Android.

My blog @ AnayKamat.com
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by giannabosanquet
    I was looking for a Twitter clone tutorial with ruby on rails.
    How can I make a RSS stream or a custom RSS Feed of favorites strings. Preferred ruby on rails or any better alternate

We are following the same concept of microblogging service of Status.net
    Also i am looking for sharing within 140-170 characters same as twitter. Because it is planned to use that for only internal business use.

Any suggestions and feedback are most welcomed.
    I believe the rails 3 tutorial may be what your looking for, located here http://ruby.railstutorial.org/ruby-on-rails-tutorial-book it as I understand helps you create a twitter like site, I am in the process of going through it myself. If you use cygwin I have a few trouble shoot answers I ended up having to figure out myself you can use em to quickly solve any enviromental setup issues you may come across that is assuming your using windows and not primarily a real linux.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

My spouse and i needed any Tweets replicated article along with ruby upon side rails.
    How to create a REALLY SIMPLY SYNDICATION mode or maybe a custom made Rss feed involving favs strings. Favored ruby upon side rails or perhaps much better switch

We have been following identical thought of microblogging service involving Standing. web
    In addition we are seeking expressing within 140-170 figures same as tweets. Because doing so is prepared to make use of which intended for only interior company work with.

Almost any tips and also comments are generally almost all good.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo